imds: Innovative Medical Device Solutions
CNC Programmer with Mastercam Vandalia, Ohio
Plans numerical control program to facilitate the machining of parts on automatic machine tools by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for ensuring quality standards can be met.
· Participates in preproduction meetings to develop manufacturing process.
· Analyzes drawings, sketches and design data of part(s).
· Responsible for meeting time and cost requirements for gages, fixtures and programs.
· Responsible for delivery of all designs for fixtures gages and tooling to the Manufacturing Engineer.
· Creates CNC program of machine instructions to regulate movement of the machine tool.
· Responsible for communicating with the Manufacturing Engineer all issues found as the job is being programmed.
· Supports manufacturing and quality as necessary, providing information required to machine and inspect the part(s).
· Responsible for working with the Manufacturing Manager and the operator to ensure a quick setup and prove out the program.
· Responsible for updating the entire project with all changes determined at the initial setups.
· Works overtime as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Edgecam experience required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Solid understanding of CNC mills, lathes and EDM.
· Excellent mechanical skills and the ability to use rulers and basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and comparators.
· Blueprint capabilities and basic computer knowledge.